Weary's trail use restrictions Re: Re[4]: [at-l] Trip Report (off trail) update

--- Jim and/or Ginny Owen <spiriteagle99@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Bob C." <
> >"...Could you possibly post it "No ATV's" and still allow
> hikers?"> >
> >Not according to the warden.
> >
> If true, that's contrary to common posting practice in the
> other 13 states along the AT, all states along the CDT and PCT
and a couple others that I'm familiar with.  Draw your own
conclusions.

### Jim, he's not writing of a National Scenic Trail with all
the associated exclusivity; he's writing of a local preserve,
which exclusivity in Maine may be entirely non-existent. [Dang
it.] So the warden *may* know his poop.

### One of the battles we're having here in Indiana is
attempting to run the Knobstone Trail through the Hoosier
National Forest. The HNF (entirely antagonistic towards
"footpath only" designations) wants to run the Knobstone as a
"multi-use" path -- in Indiana, that translates to "Horse
Trail." {Just to remind everyone, when Jim reads "horse trail"
he shudders his best Homer and mutters "Eeewwwwwwww, horse
traillllll."} At this point, the thinking is "better no footpath
Knobstone than an eroding multi-use disaster Knobstone.

sloefootpath

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.