[at-l] On When To Endure, When to Quit

Just wanted to share a quote by climbing legend Alan Burgess.

Though about rock climbing, it also neatly sums up when one should and
shouldn't be hiking.
Having been on both sides of the hiking fence, I can relate.

The quote:
"As for the pain climbers endure to do the difficult climbs, Burgess is
succinct, "If it doesn't feed you when it hurts, don't do it."

His words on risk also apply to long distance hikers:
"Climbing is a not just a physical risk," he says. "It's an emotional one."

The full story:
http://www.mtshastanews.com/display/inn_news/news03.txt

--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.