[at-l] Cleaning poles

Daria,

	Well if you come to trail days the folks from Leki will clean and repair all Leki poles. Sometimes they even work on other brands for long distance hikers.
	What they do is disasemble them and run a rotating brush into them  and over the outside of them. A gun cleaning brush might work very well at home. My Leki's had a lot of aluminum pitting on the inside and the screws that operate the locking mechanism got so corroded they wouldnt turn. They Leki folks repaired them after repriminding my for not pulling them apart and wiping down after each hike. I had stored them wet many times. There just is not enought time in between weekends for work and
preparing for the next hike.

chase