[at-l] RE: Paint Cans vs. Critters WAS:RE: [at-l] ursack bags--are they necessary?

 wrote:
  > > Last fall, in an effort to develop more creature comfort in camp, I
  > > affixed a five gallon plastic paint can to an external frame... I gave
  > > it up cause the damn bucket was too hard to get into!!! I could not
  > > get the lid off once I had used it as a seat. Bad trip......short
  > > trip. I had to cut my way into the lid. Glad my bag wasn't in
  > > there!!!!

There is a product that could help. It's called Gamma Seal. It fits on
most 3.5-7 gallon buckets (12" diameter). Snaps on like a regular lid,
but had a twist top for frequent openings/closings. Package claims
airtight and leakproof. A quick AOL search came up with several links.
Here's one: http://www.ba-industrial.com/ppails.htm#jump6. Some of the
stats are different than what's on the package, but nothing major.

Also check your local (such as Ace--shameless plug) hardware store.
I weighed one at 1-1/4# (scale weighs to nearest 1/4#). Retail $8.99
at my store.

Again from the package: gamma@fda.net 1-800-842-6543

Teresa