[at-l] ursack bags--are they necessary?

Last fall, I posted the experience of a guy who's ursack was torn by a bear.
I tried to search the archives but for some reason, MonHarc doesn't like
me and it wouldn't work.  My memory is that the hiker did not or could not
chase the bear and it had all night to work on the bag with success in that
the bag was penetrated.  I don't remember which model Ursack it was.

I do know that the incident was reported to Rangers and the Ursack folks
and that both of the above wanted the bag for study.  I also note that there
are only positive field reports on the Ursack page while I have heard of two
incidents of failure that were reported to them. Hmmmmmm............

There are a couple people on the list that use them and praise their
effectiveness against mice and other pests.