Gear list, was Re: [at-l] base pack weight

At 06:57 PM 4/22/02 -0400, Amy wrote:

>kahley wrote:
>
>>At 05:13 PM 4/21/02 -0400, Amy wrote:
>>  Two questions...
>>Do you really need all those stuff sacks
>>and....
>
>A)  They seem a bit excessive, don't they?

Not from a weigh stand point cause they weigh so little but...
I used to be the same way...wanted a sack or pouch or something
for everything to keep things organized.  But, that was theory.
In practice I ended up just jamming my rain gear back into the pack cause
I knew I needed to get it out to dry and why 'bag' it for just a couple hours.
Basically, the only time everything was nice and neat and orderly
was when i left the house <g> so I stopped carrying all the stuff sacks.
I put my sleeping shirt and sleeping socks in with the sleeping bag.
Keep my spare pairs of undees in with my personal stuff and just
shove the rain jacket on top of the pack.