[at-l] the weekend

"...  Anyone  who  thinks  "Government  control"  of  a  trail  means "permanent
protection"  should  wake up and start paying attention cause it just ain't so."
reports Jim and/or...

Nothing  is guaranteed in this world -- well there are two exceptions -- but for
long distance trails we are pretty much stuck with government, flaws and all.

However,  if folks want to try something different, let me suggest that after we
all pay our pledges, we perhaps could form a committee to approach Bill Gates et
al.

Wearyb