Re[2]: [at-l] RE: How much cash to carry?

"...Try  to  take  an  ATM card that will not kill you on withdrawal fees up and
down the east coast"

 Which  is  almost impossible. In my experience only ATM cards used at your bank
 skips  the fees and I don't know of any bank with offices in all resupply towns
 up and down the trail.

 One  solution is to make maximum use of the US Post Office, which will give you
 up  to  $50  in change when you buy a stamp with an ATM card. The only problem:
 Some small post offices in trail towns quickly run out of $50s for change.

 My wife kept me supplied with money by enclosing cash in my mail drops in 1993.
 I  also  used  an ATM card. Post offices hadn't started giving change then. But
 neither  had  banks discovered the gold mine of ATM fees. Now most ATM machines
 will  accept  most  cards. In 1993 I would wander from bank to bank looking for
 one that would give me money for my mandatory trail town beer.

 Weary