[at-l] Carrying trail documentation (was Maybe not a new idea)

Well, my solution wasn't all that tree friendly, but it certainly reduced
the weight I had to carry.

WARNING! - I've been told you need good eyesight for this...

For the Databook, I copied and reduced all the pages and eventually got the
entire databook onto three sheets of double-sided, 8.5 x 11" paper.  I only
carried the sheet with the current section on it.  Occasionally, that meant
carrying two pages.

For the Companion, I did the same thing.  I was able to get 14 pages on a
double sided sheet.  Once again, usually, I only needed to carry one or two
pages at a time.  Granted, I had a lot of maildrops.

For the Handbook, I didn't start with it but ended up having my support rip
it up and send me appropriate sections.

My Wilderness First Aid book fits on one sheet of paper.

For my personal information such as contact info for friends I wanted to be
in touch with along the trail and important dates, I did much the same
thing,  I printed them in a very small font on double sided paper.  I think
it fit on one sheet.

I also resupplied with blank notebook paper and folded them in with the
other papers I was carrying.  The whole thing couldn't have weighed more
than a couple of ounces at any given point in time.

YMMV,

Mara
Stitches, GAME99