  From: cballs@mindspring.com
  To: at-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 1:41 PM
  Subject: [at-l] Bug Prophylactic

  Has anyone taken Brewer's Yeast mixed with the beverage of your choice for a week before going into the woods as a method of keeping the mosquitos, gnats and bees away?  Did it work?  I wonder if lots of beer drank all at the same time would achieve the same thing?  This piece of wood's war lore was shared with me yesterday from a life long camper.  No, not THAT kind of camper, the tenting kind.

  If any of you even THINK of flaming me on this, I'm going to tell Ryan on you! Since there are mosquitos and gnats and great big man-eating hornets on the AT, I assume this question is on topic.  Beehave!

  The campfire is about to go out.  Whose woooden leg is this?  Shane, since you aren't using your clothes, can we have them?

  Smoldering Balls

  PS. I will pledge an additional $50 to the AT-L Good Behavior Fund, if someone else will match it within the next hour. Get busy! The time at the tone will be 2:45 pm EDT.