[at-l] Springer to Cosby Knob on $3.50

I was at the Cosby Knob shelter this weekend. It was packed. One of the
females had carried a guitar all the way from Springer and we had
singing and a hot dog roast around the campfire. I know the Ridgerunner
(Chuck) was a little put out about the big fire but he is a super nice
guy and cracked us up with his stories. All-in-all it was a magical
event. Anyway, one of the thru-hikers had walked all the way from
Springer eating stuff he found in the hiker boxes! His total food
expense had been $3.50 so far. (Cosby Knob is the 2nd-last shelter in
the Smokies).

la manzana