[at-l] How much cash to carry?

In a message dated 04/17/02 11:10:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shane@theplacewithnoname.com writes:

> Always stash money on you, and not in your pack or other
> removable belongings that you might leave lying around.
> Always keep the hundred bucks readily available and separate
> from your other money to give to a mugger or other robber
> should the need arise.  Most low lifes will take the money
> and leave.

Sage advice.  In a safety training course a couple of years ago, the
instructor told everybody (men and women) that they should get and carry a
cheap money clip with a five dollar bill on the outside and five one dollar
bills in it.  If confronted, throw the clip with the money one way and run
the opposite direction.  99 + percent of the time the person will follow the
money.  Reason to clip it is so you can feel it in your pocket and throw the
right batch of money.

I typically carry about a hundred bucks and some travellers checks (plus my
ten dollar money clip).

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html