[at-l] RE: Tent COlor was : Part 7 - Tent Selection

> color.")  I
> have a purple Nomad tent that supposedly is a good stealth camping color
> because it blends into the shadows.  Even if it doesn't, I love it.  My
> pack, a Kelty Cloud, is a fairly light blue windowpane check, not a very
> environmentally friendly print, but it's just passing through.  anklebear

I don't mind blue, purple, and other colors, even if they are bright.
Day-glow pink and other 'harsh' colors, though, just hurt my eyes.

I'm in the cammo camp.  The one nobody can see.  Once you get close enough,
cammo doesn't really hide anything.  You can easily see it when you are
within about 50 yards.  Cammo is only good at distances, and for that it's
good.  I've had a couple of great photo's 'ruined' by somebody's bright
orange tent, which would have been invisible had it been cammo.

Of course, now I have Photoshop, so I can just paint them out.  :)  This is
another one of those personal choice things.  I don't get excited about it,
but, IF I had my choice...cammo...

On the flip side, cammo can be inconsiderate.  I have shocked a few people
by materializing out of the woods where they would have seen me sooner were
I wearing bright colors.  Maybe it's me that's being inconsiderate...

Shane