Re[2]: [at-l] Thoughts of Slackpacking: WAS: Helping a newbie update: Warren's School Report 1

> For a more eloquent and motivational rendition, give him a copy
> of Colin Fletcher's Complete Walker III........

We've got two copies of Complete Walker IV on order.  They should ship at
the end of the month.

Reaching way back in time...  I think that now I will lend him Fletcher's
_The Man Who Walked Through Time_.  It is an excellently expressed
experience, and is one of the books that inspired me to do all the things I
did.  I even did a through hike of the Grand Canyon and I tried to follow
Fletcher's route.  (I couldn't in many places, and I had a much harder time
than he relates that he had in the book.  Of course, my hike was about 25
years later.)

He expresses the feeling of becoming a part of the natural environment,
which is something I have experienced, but something that I do not think Bob
will experience if he sleeps in a Motel 6  and watches television every
night.

Shane