[at-l] Bladder Raves {WAS: How to help a Newbie: Update 4}

Glen said:    And if you bring the bag into your sleeping quarters, be sure
you put the bite tube where you can't roll over on it and accidentally start
the water flowing.

I know this story all to well. I was hiking back to the trailhead on one
trip and decided to camp about 2 miles out on top of a hill overlooking a
valley with a river. I was down to 1litre of water left in my platypus after
preparing supper and was dry camping that night. I set up my tent and had my
last and oh so sweet orange (really cool when you stash them on the way out
on a hike and return trail). Well I brought my platypus into the tent and go
comfy but that dang orange had made me thirsty. I took a sip from my hose
and laid it down beside me. Well, I didn't roll over on it but the little
tiny tear in the slit of the bite valve leaked all night long and guess
what, when I woke up, I had a litre of water under me. Thank God for
sleeping pads. I only had wet feet where the water pooled under my feet
which hang off of my pad. I actually just bought a new bite valve a few
weeks ago. think I'll go put it on.

Jason