[at-l] PLEDGE TOTALS UPDATE: Keep the List Friendly (AT-L/ATC fundraiser)

Additional information appears at the bottom of this post.
We have caught the attention of the ATC...  We have a
tentative agreement for an article in the ATC newsletter
once our campaign is complete.  IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO SIGN
UP!  SHOW ALL THE OTHER LISTS HOW AWESOME WE ARE!

Today is LURKER CHALLENGE DAY.  De-lurk and make a pledge!
(We know you're out there!)  A very few lurkers have pledged
and are added here.  Come on out the rest of you!  If you
don't want to pledge publicly, send me a private email and
I'll list you as ANONYMOUS!

Pledge early, pledge often.  Show that you care about the
trail and it's environs by pledging your support to the ATC
and keeping our list on topic.

Let us know if you're missing from the list.

Remember: Your donations are tax deductible.

***

Ryan's rules (started Monday, April 15, @ noon)

"If everyone agrees to drop this topic for 14 days, I'll
send $100 to the ATC.  30 days, $250."

Dr. R says: "Environmental awareness, as it relates to the
trail & it's corridor is fine.  A post about a GM factory in
Mexico or some such is not on topic. I've got a pretty good
idea what I consider good behavior, as do folks on the list.
I'll warn once."

Pledges:

Shane: $20.00
Grey Owl: $25.00 (Already sent!) $25.00 additional if
	    we make it to the end of May.
Rami: $20.00
Jim: $100.00 to the end of the month, plus another
     $100.00 to the end of May.
Nina: $25.00
Cheerio: $50.00
Sloetoe: Upping my $50 check to ALDHA (patches) to $75,
	   at Trail Days.
Mr. Balls: $50.00
Morning Dove: $25.00
Spring Fever: $20.00
Kelly: $25.00
TJ: $25.00
Chainsaw:  $20.00 + $20.00 to the end of May.
	     Extended pledge for $20.00/Month till
	     December if the list remains civil.
Dave B: $20.00
Hopeful: $20.00
Lynn: $20.00 + year's percentage of "A Season" sales to the
ATC for the civility cause.  That should total $150.
sAunTerer: $20.00
Lugnut: $50.00 (Already Sent)
John G: $25.00
Denise: $20.00
Hpyhiker: $25.00
Tin Man: $25.00
Paul M.: $25.00 (Already sent)
Ron W.: $25.00 + New Membership
Black&Blue: $100.00 (Already sent)
Soulfull: $20.00
Weary: $100.00
Lyle: $25.00 + $50.00 till the end of May. (Per Ryan's
rules.)
Brad: $20.00
Kahley: $10.00/month for as long as it lasts.
Bluetrail: $20.00
Greengirl: $10.00 (A starving college student giving what
she can!)
Teresa: $20.00 (Claims to be a semi-lurker.)
Daria: $20.00 (If she doesn't get furloughed at work, add
$20.00)

So far we can raise a maximum of $1,805.00 for the ATC.
Amazing what can happen when we act on our rhetoric...

If there are 700 of us on the list, and everybody sent
$20.00, that would be $14,000.  If you are rich, give what
you can.  If you are poor, give what you can.

Sign up today!

Please make all checks payable to:
Appalachian Trail Conference
P. O. Box 807
799 Washington Street
Harpers Ferry, WV 25425
http://www.appalachiantrail.org/

Please note "FOR AT-L/ATC FUNDRAISER" in the memo field of
your check or money order.  To use a credit card for your
pledge, when the time comes, you can do so here:
http://www.appalachiantrail.org/support/ctg/gift.html

INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM THE ATC:

For tax purposes, if donors want receipts, ATC needs to
receive their checks written to ATC.

The mailing address is:

ATC (no individual's name is needed)
PO Box 807
Harpers Ferry, WV 25425

or on-line (there is a memo space with on-line gifts also)
http://www.appalachiantrail.org/support/ctg/gift.html

If the donors will include the AT-L on the memo line, I will
alert accounting and gift processing that it isn't a gift
designation (restriction) but it is the "source" and we can
handle it similar to an honor gift (given in "honor of the
AT-L online community").  We can track
the amount and notify an individual (the moderator?) of the
gifts. - cauch@appalachiantrail.org

Shane (very unoffical keeper of the totals...)