[at-l] Helping a newbie Part 8: Sleeping Bag Selection

I'd add the WM Megalite to the list.  If I recall correctly, it is
cut fairly large, weighs little, and has a temp rating of around
30 degrees.  It is supposed to be a roomier, warmer version of the
highlite.  If I was going on a thruhike, I'd try to take the
highlite, but I am unsure if I could get into it or not.  I'm also
a warm sleeper.  I use and love a Marmot Arroyo.  Great bag, particularly
after Marmot restuffed it for me.  I'm approximately Bob's size
and it is plenty roomy for me.  62" girth, I believe.  With thermals
on, I've slept comfortably in the 15 degree range.  Weighs,
according to specs (I think), 1lb 12 oz.  So, pretty light.
Of course, I had to send it back to Marmot recently because it had
lost all of its down in the chest and stomach areas.  But, it is
fluffy now.

Chris

Chris Willett
cwillett@math.uiuc.edu