[at-l] Re: boots

To those of you who have provided input on my boot selection process, Thank you.

Here's what I have come up with after reading, rereading, calling, testing, etc.

->    I have feet that will not fit into standard sized boots.
->    Boots which come in Wide widths and half sizes will probably work better for me than those that don't.
->    Custom and semi-custom boots are too expensive and are a last resort.
->    A combination of these four things will result in the closest thing to a correctly fitted boot as I will get without going custom:
        1.    The best fit I can get before any mods take place in an off the shelf boot.
        2.    Some form of modified footbed (superfeet or something similar including doctor made orthodics)
        3.    Modified lacing techniques to hold my foot into the boot without cutting off circulation
        4.    Stretching (or some other technical term) done at a good quality shoe repair facility to correct any fit issues not addressed by items 1-3.

Now I'm off to find the boot that comes the closest.

Thanks, you guys are great.

Rami

multipart/alternative
  text/html