[at-l] about tents - but not exactly AT-related

Just thought you might enjoy this story....

I teach technical writing at NCSU, and as part of the course, students must
produce a problem analysis report explaining a problem that we (whatever
company they imagine we work for) are having, what cuased it, how bad is it,
yada, yada, yada...

Well...

one team imagined that they were tent designers for Sierra Designs and that
many complaints had been received about our tent's inability to withstand
high windspeeds.  As part of their 'field testing' these guys strapped the
tent to the top of a car and drove that sucker around town at 10 mph, 20,
mph, 30 mph, and so on.  When I found out what they were up to, I told them
that if they drove the tent around town at 70 mph, I was surely going to
sell tickets to watch them go by.  You should have seen the pictures.....one
of them chimed in "we even made a video..."

It's students like these who put the fun in my job.

Lynn