[at-l] RE: was all kinds of stuff now a skunk story

"Clifford R. Haynes" wrote:

> Well no havin spent some time with a skunk in residence under the house, I
> can tell you for sure that pokin the skunk with a stick doesn't help the way
> your house is going to smell. Also it wont help the smell if the
> neighborhood children are chuckin rocks at the skunk either.
> Cheapest and best advice to get rid of that skunk under your house, clean up
> your garbage and leave him alone and he will go away by himself.
> Rocky

Not long ago a told a story about my knee going out near the Shining Rock Wilderness in NC. At the end of the rescue, my knee was back in place and it was getting very late. As we sat in the parking area people had used before hiking into the backcountry, one of the rescuers said that just on the other side was a clearing where we could camp for the night. We setup out Eureka two person tent one side of a fire ring that had a brush pile on the other. During the night we saw eyes looking at us from the brush. A flashlight reveled a skunk. The skunk sniffed around us but I say never sprayed the tent. My wide thinks different and 12 (maybe its 13) years later, she still doesn't like to use that tent. It does have a faint smell but I am not sure just what it is.

Soulfull
Jack.Bulkley@sas.com
Apex, NC
Anyplace is within walking distance if you have the time.