PLEASE BORROW BOOKS! (was) RE: [at-l] Re: Libraries & hiking resources

YES!  YES!  Kelly, et all, we want you to borrow "our" library books.  Books
are for use.  They are not meant to be chained to desk and tables as they
once were: In the Middle Ages books were so rare that they chained down
every book they had & a large library might have a dozen or two books.  We'd
like the books to be brought back in good condition, but we'd rather have
them used than have them gathering dust.  After all most libraries are
supported by YOUR TAXES and in other ways.  There may be restrictions and
rules, but please borrow the library's books.

And ILL (inter-library loans) is a good way to find books that you can't get
at your local library.  I found one vol. of HIKING THE APPALACHIAN TRAIL
(Rodale's 2 vols.) via ILL.  And I had to go to ILL to find my first
understandable guide to GO.

Again, unless you borrow the book with the intention of destroying it,
please borrow.

You should see what I do to books.  At least I don't leave a BK whopper in
them: Which a friend of mine found while doing an internship at a school
library.  And then there was the interesting picture of Miss June (?) found
in law books.  And the $5 bill I found.

William, The Cataloging Turtle
	-- Thank y'all for paying my pitiful salary --