[at-l] Grayson Highlands Help

OK Grayson Highlands Experts

It's time to hit the trails and Grayson Highlands again.  I've done the AT,
Wilson Creek, Scales, Crest at GH, but I want to do a new loop combination
so I'll be seeking suggestions over the next couple of months.  I'm thinking
about a Tuesday-in Friday-out loop hike that will start at Massie Gap to
Wilson Creek,AT, go north toward Old Orchard (or First Peak)via AT or
Scales(Tuesday night), loop across somehow to the Mount Rogers trailhead
area (Wednesday night) or Lewis Fork/Creekside to Deep Gap, Thomas Knob
Shelter (Thursday night) then hike out on Friday via the AT and Rhodo Gap
Trail.  I have not hiked the First Peak out of the Scales or the Cliffside
or Lewis Fork, but I'm open to any type of loop that gets me around to the
Mount Rogers area in the Tues-Fri loop. I'm thinking of a hike around the
Rhododendron season so scenery is desired. You can respond to
drherb49@hotmail.com if you don't want to jam up the list.  I'll probably
have back and forth questions for the experts.  We're 50-60yrs and hike the
Smokies, etc. 7-9 mi/day or more if absolutely needed. We'll have a tent so
shelters won't be an issue. Herb