[at-l] Cameras.

The list recently had information about various cameras.  I think Nikon
must be on the list.  They just came out with a very light weight SLR
camera.

 It has a 25 to 80 zoom auto focus SLR lens, and is fairly small Approx.
5.1 x 3.5 x 2.6 inches and weight is 12.3 Oz with out batteries, most of
the good point an shoot I have seem are around 8 oz.

It has a light weight lens that is a Nikkor made lens and has the
standard Auto focus mount.  The power source is 2 3V CR2 lithium
batteries which add very light weight.

For the camera buff, it has 5-segment 3D matrix metering and exposure
compensation and auto exposure bracketing.  It appears to do everything
my mush larger and heavier Nikons do and the 28 t0 80 mm lens is much
lighter that the one I have.

I looked at one today at Wolf cameras here in this area.  They are
selling it for $299.00 dollars, almost the same price as many of the
better point and shoot camera I have looked at.   After handling the
camera for a while in the store, this camera will for certain make the
AT hike with me.

I feel much more comfortable with the SLR and feel I can get better
pictures with it.  I also feel much more comfortable with a Nikon as I
have 4 others and really wanted to take one on the trail with me, now I
can.

Hope this helps some one to find the camera they have been looking for.

Tom