[at-l] Re: Libraries & hiking resources

In a message dated 4/15/02 12:39:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kahley@ptd.net
writes:

> Trust me....nobody wants me borrowing their books.
> I am hell on books.  I fall asleep with them, roll over and
> break their backs or scrunch their pages.  Or the cat knocks
> it down from the arm of the chair and the dog walks on it with
> muddy paws.  Or I take it hiking and it gets damp.  For the sake
> of libraries everywhere, it's better if I buy used books <g>.

Yeah, I always take a book with me when I take a bath, so my books are
constantly getting that thick, wet look.  And I eat and read.  Yuck!  I have
books with all kinds of food tucked away in the pages.  I'm also good at
ripping pages, falling asleep and slobbering on them, etc.  Lawd, I'd be
embarrassed to return a book to the library looking the way some of mine
do...I'm ashamed to even loan them out to friends!

Kelly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---