[at-l] Most Inportant, Luck.

At 02:01 PM 4/12/02 +0000, Bob Fowler wrote:
>I've been following the various threads conserning ones ability to have
>a succesfull thru-hike. Having had , what I would consider a sucessfull
>hike myself. I have the following: After much thought I belive the
>biggest factor is luck.

I'm with you here Grampie.  Having not yet hiked, my mind id often
filled with assorted what ifs and all those what ifs are related to good
luck,  Super strong and commited hikers may not need as much
luck as some of the rest of us.  Luck might not be the factor in their
hike as it maybe for mine.  I will consider myself lucky if it's a warm spring
and a cool fall, that I don't hurt myself seriously when I fall, that I find
interesting people with whom to talk for a while in the evenings so I
don't go mad from the sound of my own voice <g>.  Luck is very much
an under appreciated factor.  Thanks for the reminder, Grampie.  I'll
make sure to add 'good luck' to more of my messages and letters.