Re[2]: [at-l] Virus in Water

On 14 Apr 2002 at 23:26, Bob C. wrote:

> sAunTerer says he's "never gotten sick using his MSR Miniworks in 5 years."
>
> FWIW,  I've  never gotten sick with my PUR Hiker sitting mostly on a shelf in my
> basement for the past nine years. But that is only a partial piece of the story.
> Occasionally,  I  go to the city and have to drink treated water. But otherwise,
> since  1962  my  drinking, cooking and bathing water has been untouched by human
> interventions of any kind.(well we do use a pump to get it out of the well.)

I'm attempting to decipher / deconstruct this, Mr. Natural.

You did a near-thru-hike in '92, right?  Did you filter water?
Or did you restrict yourself to water from springs?  Or
did you just get lucky?  (Forgive me if I got the year of
your hike wrong -- I'm going by memory here.)

Or did you mean something other than '1962'?  Maybe '1992'?

(And what does your well have to do with hiking on the AT, I wonder?)

rafe b.