[at-l] The pain in the neck

Signing back on after the neck fusion three weeks ago. =A0Things seem to be=20
going pretty well. =A0I've been hiking on the FT or other local trails about=
 an=20
hour a day everyday, including an FT activity hike led by Sandy (AT=20
Navigator) on Saturday. =A0

Interesting sightings on my weekday hikes--you get to see more wildlife if=20
the popular trailhead is quieter than it is on weekends or after work. =A0Ha=
d=20
some great gator viewings!

My neck is still stiff and sore but I've graduated to a soft neck brace that=
=20
I don't have to wear 24/7 (as opposed to the stiff white plastic neck brace=20
that made me look like one of Darth Vader's troopers). =A0Surprised them all=
 by=20
walking laps on the hospital corridors the day after surgery--it's that=20
hiking attitude (okay, probably aided by the morphine pump)!

Hardest part will be tomorrow--back to work. =A0Yuck. =A0I have been taking=20=
1-2=20
naps a day and am not sure how I'm going to stay awake all day. =A0Somehow=20
holding my head at the proper angle for computing seems to be one of the mos=
t=20
uncomfortable poses. =A0=A0

During recovery I've managed to interest two other gals in hiking eight days=
=20
on the River to River in southern Illinois next April. =A0We're a group of f=
our=20
now and eagerly awaiting the publication of the revised River to River trail=
=20
guide.=20

Keep that good gear advice going,
Joan