[at-l] Re: The Bryson Book, wade right in and stir it up

In a message dated 04/14/02 7:08:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
yumitori@montana.com writes:

>     Then it needs to be in the Fiction section, or Humor, not marketed as a
> Travel book.
>
> > For every thru-hiking book by Garvey, Irwin or Shaffer, I'll
> > bet Bryson has sold a thousand.   It's just plain funny.  It's
> > self-deprecating.  It's amusing, and easy to read.  No
> > platitudes, no Zen.  Just plain fun, with a very few "serious"
> > moments to let you know that Bryson isn't Dave Barry.
> >
> > rafe b.
>
>     Um, do you really wish to argue that 'popular' equals 'high quality'?

As I've posted a couple of times, he belongs in the humor section, probably
next to Barry (unless there's a humorist alphabetically between the two I'm
not thinking of right now).

First time I went looking for it in the bookstore, I checked the humor
section based on everyone I had talked to's description of it as a hilarious
book (this was before I started hiking again).  Imagine my surprise to find
him in the travel section.

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html