Re[6]: [at-l] OT - Very Long

At 04:39 PM 4/14/02 -0400, Bob C. wrote:
>"...What  freakin  gift?  What  does  he bring to the table?" asks Kahley
>as she
>condemns RnR..
>
>Kahley
>
>What  tough assignments you give. Everyone has to make their own judgement
>about
>what  they  want to read. RnR certainly brings a perspective.

He doesn't just bring a perspective, he rams it down our throat.
Do you know that three of the people I have approached to ask
permission to post their journals directly to the list have told
me no because they didn't want to have their style analyzed
by Roty and the more critical members of the list?   That was
never an issue in the past.  We all enjoyed reading the journals
as part of our morning mail.  We might have formed opinions
as to other people's hikes but we for sure didn't discuss them
publicly using the persons name and hike as fodder to further
our agenda.

A better list?  One where people are afraid to post trip reports
or journals cause of how it may be evaluated by our new list
AT scholar and authority?