Fwd: [at-l] Self Doubt

> > Wasn't it Nietzche who said "freedom is the
> > recognition of necessity"?
>
> Hegel said it, although I've never really understood his
> point very well...

Well, I could have it all wrong, but I always read that as acceptance, "the
recognition of necessity."

Example: It's raining on a Trail Day?

Two scenarios:
1) Awwwww man, "$#$#@# it, do I ever hate walking in the rain, I'll probably
catch a cold, I have no more dry socks, why am I doing this anyway" - you
know, the story we all tell ourselves.
The internal - ha! - "reality". The perception/interpretation.

Or,

2) just walking. A sigh perhaps, and then - on with it! Facing reality
(unquote-marked), recognizing the necessity. No resistance. No internal
weight to carry.
Freedom!

--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.