[at-l] Sealskinz or Goretx, pounds saved

Why do you want water proof socks? About the only time you want water
proof is during extreme cold and the need for vapor barrier. The idea
of Gortex is more for marketing than to keep your feet dry. You sweat a
pint a day per foot, and need socks that will wick or at least avoid
collapsing in moisture (as cotton will).

Save the Sealskinz for vapor barrier use, although you can go cheaper
with plastic bags made for the task.

Bill...