Re[2]: [at-l] The Bryson Book, wade right in and stir it up.

"he  did  not hear one interesting or funny story. Did he forget to take notes?"
asks GaDog.

"No  funny  stories? You and I must have been reading different books. I laughed
from  cover  to  cover."  replies Terrapin, who seems to have failed to hear the
question.

Bryson  told  many  very funny stories -- but they were stories he made up. None
were the many fascinating and funny stories that one hears on the trail. That is
the  basic  criticism of the book. It fails totally to reflect the trail -- just
his humorous impressions of the trail.

I  think the reason is he simply did not participate in the trail community, for
reasons I can only speculate about.

Weary