[at-l] The Bryson Book, wade right in and stir it up.

In a message dated 4/13/2002 12:31:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rafe.bustin@verizon.net writes:

> No funny stories?  You and I must have been reading different
> books.  I laughed from cover to cover.
>
> Mary Ellen? The "bear attack," at night, at the campsite?
> The phone calls to cab companies, from Gatlinburg?  Katz at
> the bunkhouse at Rainbow Springs?  The waitress at Amicalola?
> Katz' girlfriend from the laundromat?  Killing mice at Birch
> Springs shelter?  Stealing shoelaces from obnoxious yuppie
> weekenders?  The hitch to Hiawasee with the newleyweds?
>
> None of this was funny?  I'd say, then, that you need to work
> on your sense of humor.   What book were you reading, anyway?
> Mine has the title, "A Walk In the Woods," by Bill Bryson.

Rafe, same book. Funny in parts, but a bit contrived. I believe I did state
that I liked the first part. And, Hiawasse is not really like that at all.
Vacation homes popping up everywhere, weekend community for Atlanta. A family
friend that had/has a cabin in Hiawasee.

Dawg

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---