Re[2]: [at-l] What McKaye Really Wanted

> No.  But  it  is stuck on trying to win support
> for the trail as a wild place --
> not  always  skillfully,  not  always  with  the
> greatest wisdom. But RnR has a
> perspective and a vision that few on this list
> seem able to achieve.

It is this vision that we have desperately begged him to
provide to us.  I, for one, care little of what men long
dead envisioned.   I want to know what the vision is today.
What do WE need to be doing NOW?  What is OUR vision?
Weary, you have provided us very well with YOUR vision.  I
think I have provided mine.  Unless I have paid too little
attention, I have not seen RnR ever use the phrase, "MY
vision for the AT is..."  Rather, he has surrendered his
ability to make his own thinking choices to other people.

I think the advice of another old dead guy is worth
something:

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek
what they sought." -- Basho

Shane