(Guest Post) RE: [at-l] motivations I. was Self Doubt(How to helpa Newbie: Update 4

saunterer@jimbullard.org wrote:

> At 09:59 AM 4/13/02 -0500, Raymond D. Bennett wrote:
> >This whole "start at the end" thing  ...clip... Makes you stop and wonder,
> >"Man,
> >what would have happened if we'd have started with that? Built on that?"
> >Cause that's
> >gonna last longer. So this is about starting at the ending.
> >...clip...
> >Anybody see the connection with hiking?
>
> Hey Felix,  Is that why you started on Katadhin?  Startin' at the end?
>
> sAunTerer

Maybe. I think I could probably explain it to look like that was why. Or, I
could explain it to be just the opposite...and, both would probably be true.
Fact is, I'm living proof that it doesn't really matter. I once wrote something
about summiting Springer at the end of the hike. I said something like "It was
the most beautiful piece of nothing I'd ever seen."  Point? Everything is what
you make it. Sure, it'd be nice if Springer looked more like Katahdin. It'd be
nice if everything looked more like Katahdin, though.

(Alternate reply:
What is this 'Katahdin' you people keep talking about? And, who is this NIMBY
guy? GUMBY's sidekick? Wasn't Benton MacKaye Adlai Stevenson's running mate?)

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98