[at-l] OT - Very Long - Delete at will - MacKay? no topic, off topic, whatever

Unfortunately, you are very ON TOPIC, for what has become of the list.
The fact that you would need to write the quoted paragraph demonstrates
the abusiveness that has occurred on this list over the past year.

I do not want to be a part of a list that is little more than a single
"expert" directing how everyone should think about a single subject,
and browbeating (and worse) those who suggest a broader agenda. I used
to be on a list like that. So did you. That list owner apparently
didn't like the experience, either.

It is time to stop the bleeding of this list. We either figure out how
to filter/shun/ignore/move along, or Ryan needs to make his third (by
my count) expulsion, or we will see this list fragment. None of these
choices are particularly attractive, but at least the third option now
bears the benefit of other AT/hiking resources on the net in the form
of websites, YahooGroups and others.

What is presented as trail advocacy is as credible as an apology for
failure of a spy plane to crash and drown all on board before a forced
landing. This vision of trail advocacy serves to confine and not
enlighten.

Ryan, the list terrorist needs to lose his VISA for pilot's school.

Please, pull the plug.

And the rest of us, please ignore/shun him.

Bill...