[at-l] boots

In a message dated 04/12/02 2:12:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rbenhameda@comcast.net writes:

> Ps. those of you who live in Indiana, I went to Bloomington yesterday and
> visited G.L. Waters but when pressed, the guy (and his boss) told me it
> would be easier if I just got new feet.  I'm on my way to Rusted Moon today
> to see if they know anything about fitting.... any other suggestions?

Rami -

The flip answer would be that you should have thought of this while you were
in Georgia where they actually have outfitters (sorry, couldn't resist). <VBG>

I also have strange feet, as do most folks in one or more regards.  My second
toes are longer than the others so I need to worry about them rubbing against
the toe of the boot and I wear a size 11 narrow boot.  I was lucky enough
three years ago to find a pair of Vasque boots (style unknown and no longer
made as far as I can find) that are mostly suede, part mesh, insulated and
which, after about 600 miles wear and with superfeet inserts, feel like I'm
wearing fuzzy bunny slippers walking down the trail (comfort is a very, very
nice thing).  When they fail I suspect I'm doomed to settle for something
significantly less.

Black&blue

multipart/alternative
  text/html