[at-l] What McKaye Really Wanted

In a message dated 4/12/2002 7:39:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:

Sloetoe wrote:

> bullshit.

    ***  It was already answered. There was a time once when people respected
MacKaye enough to build a 2000 mile path...

    To think that the huge Appalachian diorama of MacKaye's dream could
somehow come down to this silliness is foolish. MacKaye is best understood
when read respectfully in contemplation of his vision. Table pounding
demanding of proof over the word "scholar" and vulgarity isn't the best way
to absorb MacKaye (in my humble opinion)...

    But let's get right to the point here Sloetoe. This thread originated
from TJ's praise of condo development as a right interpretation of MacKaye in
response to a prank post. I don't see how anything serious could follow from
that. Only a fool would argue that MacKaye was for developing the corridor
-references excluded...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---