[at-l] list of AT murder victims, location, and murderers

Williams and Winans were doing a loop hike, not really an AT hike.

Also add to this list the man who was killed in Damascus recently.  A couple
of teen-agers have been indicted for that one.  He was an AT hiker, I think,
but his body was inside his sleeping bag beside the VA Creeper Trail, as I
recall.  Of course, the kids could have put him there.

Even more recently, I think, is the woman hiking alone in the Whites (?) who
was murdered.  No one has been arrested for that one that I've heard.
Again, she wasn't on the AT per se, but I don't think she was far from it,
was she?

Then, there's the woman eaten in the Smokies a couple of years ago, but a
couple of bears paid the price for that one.  She doesn't really count in
this discussion.  I just added her to keep the record straight.  Again, she
wasn't on the AT proper.

Desert Nomad <lucy@uia.net> wrote in message
a958tj$a06$1@edina2.hack.net">news:a958tj$a06$1@edina2.hack.net...
> 1996 just off AT in Shenandoahs: "Lollie" Winans and Julianne
> Williams(Darrell Rice indicted)
>
> 1990 at Thelma Marks Shelter: Geoffrey Hood and Molly LaRue(Paul David
> Crews convicted)
>
> 1988 just off AT in PA: Rebecca Wight( Claudia Brenner is shot 5 times
> but survives and Stephen Roy Carr is convicted)
>
> 1981 at Wapiti 1 Shelter: Susan Ramsay and Bob Mountford(Randall Lee
> Smith convicted and released in 96)
>
> 1975 at Vandeventer Shelter: woman thru-hiker murdered by male
> thru-hiker(convicted)with an axe because he wanted her Kelty pack. Read
> about it in a very old Trailway News while staying at The Place in
> Damascus. Still searching for the names.
>
> ?1970: murder of 1 person on AT in Georgia. If I remember, the murder
> was solved.

---