[at-l] list of AT murder victims, location, and murderers

Thanks for that information; my condolences and prayers to all involved
in these terrible events . . . on the theory that the glass in halfway
to full, and not to empty, I would close by noting how awesomely LOW
these numbers are relative to: (a) the number of years spanned; (b) the
number of people who live within 10 miles of the AT over its entire
length; and (c) the total number of people who have hiked, tramped,
ATV'd [aarrgghh!], run, dropped by, hung out at road crossings, etc.  To
trot out the old trite but true phrase, you are in a lot more danger in
the car headed for the trailhead, or hitching a ride, than while walking
or even while camping at a shelter . . . I wish we had this low of a
murder rate here in my small, relatively crime free small town!

I also would note that the odds would seem to decline even further if
one elects to camp away from the shelters . . .

thru-thinker