[at-l] DEET

Alexis Lee Acke  wrote:
  > Long hair works best for tying up your pet bugs. :-) In highschool, I
  > had hair I could sit on. In classes where I sat near the window, I
  > would catch those fat slow flies that bang themselves against the glass
  > and tie a hair to them and let them buzz arround on the end of the
  > hair. I was one of those kids who sort of made an art form of driving
  > teachers nuts.
  > ALA

Does it really work? How did you tie them up? How long did they
survive that way?

Dragonflies are much bigger than flies, and they might be able to break
a hair. (I'll have to experiment with that.) Plus, my hair isn't nearly
long enough to allow them to reach all exposed skin. (Nevermind that I
was considering cutting my hair before my thru. Tie several strands
together to make longer hairs... hmmm).

I still think a little harness would be best so the hair (or thread)
won't harm them, and yet hold them firmly in place.

Teresa (hoping PETA isn't listening in)