[at-l] Hummus Recipe

Thanks Rafe, for the recipe.

Weary, you asked about the protein content of garbanzos vs. the ones you
raise in Maine.
I don't know the answer to that; however, it could be moot.

My local specialty store/deli makes a killer hummus, and offers it in two
forms; traditional garbanzos and black bean.
I think the black bean hummus is a little hotter, maybe they add a touch of
chili. I think there is a little onion in the black bean version too.
Both are delicious, so an experiment with your native beans may be in order.

Anything mashed with garlic, lemon and oil (short of Cherry Garcia ice
cream, perhaps) is bound to be good.

For next week's hike, I am dehydrating 3 large bunches swiss chard today,
and also some kale. I had to chop the stems really fine, to get a similar
drying rate. There is some surplus spinach from the garden in there too.

I don't much care for kale and chard fresh, but I sure do like a powdered
spoonful of it in a trail meal, esp. Liptons meals or ramen soups. A dose of
greens AND a rich source of calcium.

 Mmmmm... food, must be near lunch time....

--
    	Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

	Website: