[at-l] DEET

Lugnut  wrote:
  > There is a free alternative to deet almost every where on the trail.
  > It is (get ready to laugh, I did when I first heard it) sassafras
  > leaves. Stick a couple of small sprigs of two or three leaves in you
  > headband, or sweat band, and watch what happens. It really does work
  > and it gives you that camoflage look. Must be a natural repellant in
  > the oil of the plant.

I had heard that too and yeah, anklebear, I thought Grandma Gatewood did
that. Anyone here ever tried it though? (I want firsthand experience.)

I've also read that Bounce dryer sheets work too. It was in someone's
journal, I think.

Do these things work for ticks too? Or are we just talking flying pests?
If they work for ticks, we could put Bounce in our socks.

Teresa