[at-l] DEET

Lugnut said:

>There is a free alternative to deet almost every where on the trail.
It is (get ready to laugh, I did when I first heard it) sassafras
leaves. Stick a couple of small sprigs of two or three leaves in you
headband, or sweat band, and watch what happens. It really does work
and it gives you that camoflage look. Must be a natural repellant in
the oil of the plant.<

That's what Grandma Gatewood did.  When I asked about it a couple of years
ago, I was met with crashing silence.  But, yes, I think it must work.

anklebear

---