[at-l] Re: Who cares about MacKaye?

On 10 Apr 2002 at 15:56, RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:

>     ***  It's clear in his 'Regional Planning' essay and his subsequent
> feelings towards Trail development. But this understates the scope he
> intended. The camps were going to be education centers for environmentalism
> and the importance of preserving intact ecosystems.

That is utter bat guano.  That is how RnR and Wingnut would
approach it, no doubt - as reeducation camps.  But that is
not at all what MacKaye wrote of.

For anyone that cares to verify this, please *do* read
MacKaye's article, "A Project In Regional Planning,"  at

<http://www.fred.net/kathy/at/mackaye.html>

It's short and sweet and a very easy read, and
was found with a cursory web search using
"Benton MacKaye" as the search term.

I'm beginning to suspect that RnR *is* Wingnut -- he
has the same disregard for intellectual honesty, and
a similar disregard for the intelligence of those he
wishes to "educate."

rafe b.
aka terrapin