[at-l] Other Foods That Make Music

  [Terrapin wrote:]
  Tangentially related to chili, I've found that hummus is wonderful
  for taking on short hikes, if not for thru-hiking.  It keeps well, is
  easy to package, and easy to eat.

[Rami:]

Fantastic Foods (I think) makes several varieties of "just add water" hummus.
Although this doesn't compare in any way to fresh home made hummus, it is a great substitute for the trail.  It can be divided into individual serving sizes and mixed up for lunch in the ziploc you stored it in.  It tastes great (especially the spinach parmesan flavor) spread on a flour tortilla and topped with cheese.
If you have a wide enough pot, you can heat the tortilla enough to make it crispy and melt the cheese and it's down right fantastic.

-r

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---