[at-l] topic police... I'll say it ---- having been.....

In a message dated 4/10/2002 1:26:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

> The only good to come of this is the few who read about MacKaye and his
> essays, and understand how far afield our Florida Pharisee has roamed.

    Thank you again OB for appreciating how difficult it is to impress AT
values as MacKaye intended and your respect for doing so as a concerned Trail
member. I can't tell you how much it means to me to know that others
understand and promote the difficult philosophical side to the AT and the
uphill battle it represents. It makes me even more warmed inside to know that
these fellow Trail members urge me on for the Trail's sake and it's ultimate
goal.

    As Weary asked before, I am also awaiting your long studied
interpretation of MacKaye and the Trail's purpose. I know you've been holding
back, but I think it's time to enlighten your Trail inferiors on exactly what
it's about from the expert who tolerates our imperfect attempts so well...

    I can't express how much I respect your obvious dedication OB and how far
it will go for the AT...

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---