[at-l] Other Foods That Make Music

Tangentially related to chili, I've found that hummus is wonderful
for taking on short hikes, if not for thru-hiking.  It keeps well, is
easy to package, and easy to eat.

It's nearly all protein and fat (being based on garbanzo beans and
tahini) and can be eaten cold, as a spread (on pita bread or crackers)
or right out of the container with a finger or spoon.

It's fairly simple to make, if you have a food processor.  I'll post
the recipe if anyone's interested.

The downside of hummus is the same as that for chili... I suspect
there's no need to elaborate.  And along with chili, it's one of my
all-time favorite foods.

rafe b.
aka terrapin