[at-l] info

Well to be honest the flattest part is in Pennsylvania, but there is a
downside.  ROCKS!!  Big, small, topply, sharp rocks.  A real ankle twister.
Never believe them when they say Virginia is flat, it not.   I found
Virginia to be the smoother (but not flatter - a bit of advice the last part
of Virginia (North End) is pretty difficult (it's known as the
rollercoaster)), or maybe the section after Harpers Ferry (still has a few
ups and downs, but plenty of nice sections.  Then there is a small section
just after Boiling Springs that is real flat, but no real good places to
camp until you hit the hills again.

Also don't trust the profiles on the maps they are usually incorrect.  I
found that sometimes they looked worse than they were, and other times it
looked easy, ton only find myself struggling to get to my destination.

Oh wait, a real nice section is out of Damascus up into Grayson Highlands.
Real sweet hiking and not too difficult, although might get a little rocky
in spots.

Good luck and happy hiking!!

Todd "M&M" Ricker
GA>ME AT99

ICQ: 24455973
AOL/AIM: MMATGA2ME99

To open soon ... www.trail-life.com  Home of the Long Distance Backpacker.
Discussion groups, articles, stories, trail info, and trail news.  Please
feel free to leave suggestions or comments.

www.ryangore.com   Some good ole finger flickin