Was Re: [at-l] Stiffed by Hiker - Really Chili Recipies

As chili recipies go, this is pretty common stuff.  I prefer a mix of
beans, chili beans, red
kidney beans, and pinto beans (gotta have those pinto beans).  I'll also
use dried beans and
soak them overnight - how can anyone reasonably use canned beans in chili.
I may even throw in some (oh, make that a lot of) garlic, some crushed red
pepper,
and some tobasco (a little heat helps).

My guess is that the chili in question just wasn't stirred enough, and
probably got
a little burned on the bottom.  You know, everyone has a bad day, once in a
while
and this happens.  Rafe even makes a point of saying it needs to be stired
often.
So, is it possible Rafe was there on a busy day, or you were short handed?
What
about Bryson - no don't need to go there, the chili could have won a
contest and
still gotten a bad review I suspect.

So, why was it bad - too thin? Add crackers. Too thick? You gotta be
kidding me.
Too much meat?  Too many beans? Eat what you like, and leave the rest.  Too
spicy?
Well, if that is the case you don't really like chili.  Not spicy enough?
It was made for
those that don't really like chili - just get the Tobasco, or Jamacian
Pepper Sauce, or
Frank's Red Hot, or any number of similar additives and turn up the heat.
Enough
heat even covers up a serious burn.

Sorry - chili is a long standing family tradition.

Marc
Burned some, but not often, and they keep coming back for more.